Apples if in season are also very inexpensive and fresh. This recipe is good for 4 months old baby and up.
Ingredient Selection Tips:
- If you have an apple orchard close by, it would be best to do some picking yourself. It is also a good bonding if you have a toddler kids do this with you.
- If you buy from the grocery or local market, choose organic. Though apple is one of the most healthy baby’s first food, it is also one of the most highly contained pesticide residue.
- Be sure it is firm and with no bruises.
- You can choose varieties such as Red, Romes, Macintosh and Gala apples. Just one medium-sized apple can make a puree of five ounces.
- Wash the apple thoroughly. You can make a mixture of water and a little of vinegar as anti-bacterial solution to wash your apples. As you know there are a lot of of handling involved and it would be best to make them clean.
- If you have a vegetable peeler, peel off the skin in a circular motion. If vegetable peeler is unavailable, you can use a sharp knife to remove the peel.
|Preparation Time||2-3 minutes|
|Total Time||5 minutes|
Bon appétit for your baby!