For this recipe, you will need to gather all your freshest vegetables from the garden and make a delightful meal for your 7 months and older baby. You can mix the green peas, squash either summer or zucchini variety, potato, carrots and topped with spices like garlic and Marsala. (these are the vegetables we have selected for this Garden Vegetable Combo – of course you can use any fresh vegetables you have on hand).
This mix of garden vegetable combo puree is perfect for your baby who is teething.
Ingredient Selection Tips
- Make sure all of the vegetables are fresh. And how to determine its freshness? Make sure it is firm and the colors of the veggies’ skin are balanced.
- English peas if freshly harvested are great treat. Peas should be maintained fresh or it will turn starchy. If you got them from your local supplier, better ask them when it is harvested. It is best cooked soon after it was picked. Just choose the ones with full pods. And if you do not plan to cook it, then leave it on the pods. Better to choose the smaller pods since it is also sweeter.
- For the squash, select the one with thick and firm skin. Different varieties differ on its textures and flavors. For the winter, summer or zucchini squash, choose the one not longer than 8 inches. It is also sweeter and experience taught us that larger ones tend to be bitter or quite hard. Select the medium-sized squash with equally balanced skin colors.
- For fresh carrots, best to buy it with the stalks still on. It is the best indicator of its freshness if the stalk is still green. You can also select the baby carrots for shorter prep time. Select the one with dark orange color. Avoid the one with with roots and with cracks.
- For potatoes, wash it only if you will be cooking it. Scrub it well and wash under running water.
- For the spices, you can have readily mixed masala.
|Preparation Time||15-20 minutes|
|Total Time||30 minutes|
Bon appétit for your baby!