Whether you have purchased the additional 4 year warranty for you Baby Bullet or just the standard one year warranty here are some simple tips to ensure Baby Bullet safety. Below we will be listing some simple instructions and cleaning tips to ensure its longevity and of course food hygiene for your baby’s puree.
- Use only the Baby Bullet for its purpose – for making baby food and nothing else. Do not make it shave those ice cubes.
- Do not microwave your puree especially in the storage cups! It is not designed for the microwave. There is a designated Turbo steamer for that. And when it is already mealtime for your little one – you can defrost the storage cup through the Turbo Steamer or you can put it in a Ziplock in bowl of running water.
- Keep dry your working area when you do puree. Be in a clean and dry surface to avoid electric shock.
- Hot or boiling water or any liquid should not be mixed in the Cups or the Batch Bowl.
- Carbonated beverages are a big No. It can build pressure and might explode when mixed.
- Do not put on the Power Base when there is no ingredient to blend.
- Make sure that the blades (blend blades or milling blade) are securely attached to the PowerBase and the short Cup or the Batch Bowl is also secured before turning it on.
- Never leave you blending activity unattended. It won’t take much more than 5 minutes so give your full attention to this.
- Wash your Batch Bowl, Cups and Blades using warm soapy water. The storage cups are dishwasher safe but the plastic parts and the rubber gasket are better washed separately with little soap and warm water.
- When you are blending the puree make sure the lids are tightly closed to avoid spillage.
- Make measurements (close estimates) when putting in the ingredients to avoid spillage (overflow). Rule of thumb just have ingredients on a half part making room for when it liquifies.
- Let your Power Base rest. As much as we want to prepare a lot of puree in the week-end in preparation for the next work week, allow it too cool down for about 10 minutes before making another bowl of puree.
- Be careful with the blades. Need we tell you they are sharp?
- If you have other children in the house, warn them not to play with the Baby Bullet.
- For storage, always remember refrigerated puree as much as possible should be consumed within a week or less. Frozen ones can last for a month or two.
- Make sure that when you clean your storage cups there are no stuck ingredients on them. If there is – fill half of warm soapy water to soak then wash clean.
- Read the Baby Bullet User Manual, the Cookbook and the Pocket Nutritionist to guide you in good food preparation and the much needed ingredients.
Remember Baby Bullet is a useful device and it will break down eventually due to wear and tear. That is why there are warranty and service centers for its repair or replacement. I am sure you will want to continue making those healthy foods for your baby. So keep it safe and ensure its longevity. The whole Baby Bullet system has all the information you need from preparation to storage, so make it last.
Did you encounter some problems with your Baby Bullet tools and accessories? How do you clean or store it? If you have more interesting tips to ensure Baby Bullet Safety, then let us know in the comments below.